If you are a native of Kaduna State and would like to apply for the KDSG Scholarship program right now, this page is for you. You only need to carefully read through everything to gather all the information you need about the scholarship program.
It will be detailed in detail, including how and where to apply, as well as the requirements and specifications for the Kaduna State Government Scholarship Program and the paperwork needed for the application.
KDSG Scholarship Program
You might be surprised to learn that Kaduna State, which is a hub for learning in Nigeria, has a high illiteracy rate.
For this reason, the state government has established a number of scholarship opportunities for students both inside and outside the state to pursue any course of study they choose.
Due primarily to a lack of funding, Northern Nigeria has a higher percentage of ignorant individuals than the rest of the nation.
Therefore, by paying for their educational expenses, the Kaduna State Government Scholarship Program would help every Kaduna State native receive a respectable education.
One of Nigeria’s most significant state government scholarship programs is the Kaduna state Program. Given the size of Kaduna State’s population and the need to assure equity and accessibility for all, the scholarship often covers the entire state.
All scholarship applications, administration, and completion take place entirely in Kaduna state. People will be picked and invited to a second screening in the state capital if they are interested.
Despite the fact that the scholarship program’s payment is not always predictable, past trends and earlier data show that it has an alluring offer.
It is a fully funded fellowship, meaning that all participant expenses are covered. People will be entitled to a certain monthly sum of money starting at the time of their choosing, and their tuition costs will be covered during the predetermined number of years that they study.
Remember that the Kaduna State Government Scholarship Program is fully funded; applicants are given the opportunity by covering their institution’s tuition costs as well as a monthly maintenance payment of NGN 10,000. Until students graduate, the offer is extended each academic year.
Requirements for Kaduna State Government Scholarships
Although the fundamental requirement for everyone is to be a legitimate Kaduna State native. Before people are eligible for this scholarship program, there are still some other things to take into account.
The following requirements must be satisfied before submitting an application for the Kaduna State Government Scholarship Program:
Requirements for Kaduna State Scholarship Scheme
- The first criterion to qualify for the scholarship award is that you must be an indigene of Kaduna State.
- You must be a student of an approved institution.
- You must have good grades.
- Students in Higher Institutions like universities, Polytechnics, College of education, etc are all expected to have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
- Eligible candidates will have to go through screening, where credentials will be verified.
- First School Living Certificate (FSLC).
- Certificate of Origin.
- Statement of Results containing your CGPA (That is for university, polytechnic, college, school of nursing, etc).
For Students in the Undergraduate Scholarship
- To be qualified for the application, you must be a genuine Kaduna State indigene.
- You must have your Secondary School Examination Results (SSCE) from either WAEC or NECO and at least a B in both English and Mathematics, as well as additional credits in all three necessary areas of your career.
- The SSCE result to be utilized typically must be obtained in a single sitting, and results obtained before to 2018 will not be accepted for the application.
- Applicants for the scholarship program must have a strong academic record. To be qualified, you must have a 3.5 CGPA on a 5.0 scale.
For Students of Postgraduate
- Applicants must have a CGPA of at least 4.0 on a 5.0 scale or 3.5 for students utilizing the 4.0 scale.
- Students with a master’s degree can apply with a second class lower, 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, or 3.0 on a 5.0 scale.
- Before you may apply for the scholarship program, both of your parents must have their tax certificates with them. Individuals whose parents are not regular Kaduna State taxpayers will not be eligible for the scholarship program.
- If they are already deceased, you can get their death certificate and substitute it for the tax certificate.
- I already mentioned all the other requirements that are less effective on the scholarship board’s website, which you may visit and study before beginning your application.
KDSG Scholarship Eligible Courses
The foundation board only selects applicants from any of the following fields:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- All medical Courses
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Applied Physics
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
In fact, the Kaduna state government scholarship program is open to all courses offered in undergraduate programs in Nigeria.
How to Apply for Kaduna State Government Scholarship Program
Prior to being admitted to any higher education school, students should be informed that they are eligible to apply for and be awarded scholarships through the Kaduna State Government Scholarship Program. Grants from the scholarship programs will be given out to those who are rejected.
Applications are submitted online for all types of applications. To create an account, users must first log in to the application page.
Filling out the necessary information is required to create an account, which is followed by applying for the scholarship. Simply visit the Kaduna State Government Scholarship Board website and adhere to the guidelines.