Federal Scholarship Board: A Director serves as the Secretary of the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB), a Department of the Federal Ministry of Education. As implied by the name and terminology, it has no governing board. To learn more, continue reading.
Start-ups, innovation and creative industries, digital and technological innovations, the green economy, financial services, important public and international development institutions, research and development, agriculture, real estate, construction, transportation, and health services are just a few of the industries that the program focuses on. In other words, this initiative is open to all organizations.
The Mandate of the Federal Scholarship Board
The Mandate of The Federal Scholarship Board is as follows:
Creation of recurring master plans for the equitable and effective distribution of awards for international and domestic undergraduate and graduate scholarships and fellowships to suitable Nigerian students. At times, it may be necessary to consult with state governments, foreign ministries, and other suitable authorities and bodies.
implementation of federal government policies and initiatives for providing eligible Nigerian academics with local and overseas scholarships.
implementation of the pledges made by the federal government for grants of scholarships and fellowships to Nigeria under the Multilateral (Commonwealth) and Bilateral Education Agreements (BEA).
Implementation of the New York State Service Corps EX-Corps Scholarship and the Presidential Special Scholarship for Innovation and Development (PRESSID).
Information gathering, compiling, analysis, publication, and dissemination about student-related issues, scholarships, and fellowships in Nigeria.
Monitoring and regulating the actions of Federal Government Scholars at tertiary institutions both domestically and overseas.
Coordinating Committee for the Year State scholarship policies and programs are advised and coordinated during meetings of the secretaries of the federal and state scholarship boards.
More on Federal Scholarship Board
The Board operates under four (4) divisions, as follows:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA);
- Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan; and
- General Duties
- Nigerian Awards;
FSBN Scholarship Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Nigerian award are as follows;
1. Applicants for postgraduate study must have a first degree with a second-class honours division. The applicant must be a full-time student in a federal or state university.
2. All other applicants (UG, HND, and NCE) must be full-time students in their second or higher year at a Federal or State University, Polytechnic, Monotechnic, or College of Education.
3. All undergraduate scholarship applicants (Physically challenged included) must have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 4.0 on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a seven (7) point scale.
4. All NCE and HND applicants must have a CGPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
1. The scholarship is valid in Nigeria and begins at the start of the academic term.
2. It may not be held concurrently with another Award, nor may it be used for part-time study.
3. Changing courses or institutions is not permitted while receiving the award.
Scholarship Field of Study
The fields of study to be considered for the FSBN scholarship award are as follows;
Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
Medicine and Para-medicals
Science and Technology
Method of Application
It is strongly recommended that all qualifying candidates visit:
- www.education.gov.ng is the website of the Federal Ministry of Education.
- On the home page, click the Federal Scholarship Board ICON:
- Guidelines should be read.
- Fill out the online Application Form
- Create an examination slip.
- Double entries will be rejected!
- Attach Documents
Attached documents include:
Letter of Admission to the Institution
Current School’s Identity Card
NOTE: Come with one set of completed online printed forms at the venue of the interviews as scheduled below:
FSBN Scholarship Exam
Here is the procedure to check the date, time, and venue for the Federal Government Scholarship (FSBN);
- Visit the Federal Government Scholarship portal
- Enter your phone number or email address
- Type in your password
- Click on the LOGIN button
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Click on Print Confirmation.
During the application, candidates are expected to indicate the following:
Candidates are advised to choose Computer Based Test Centre (CBT) very close to them;
The registration portal will be opened from 9th May 2024 to 20th June 2024.
Official phone numbers/e-mail:
Nigerian Award: 09154573973
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
We believe this article was helpful, if yes please don’t hesitate to share it with family and friends on the different social media platforms.